Who can vote
To register in Wyoming you must:
- complete the voter registration form
- take the following oath: “You solemnly swear (or affirm) that you are a citizen of the United States; that you are a bona fide resident of the state of Wyoming and this county; that if you are registered in another county or state, you request have your registration withdrawn; that you will be at least eighteen (18) years of age on or before the next election; that you are not currently adjudicated as a mentally incompetent person; that you have not been convicted of a felony, or if have been convicted of a felony, have had their voting or civil rights restored by a competent authority; and that the voter registration information contained in this document is true and accurate to the best of your knowledge and belief
- have the notary or registered agent sign the above-mentioned form
- * find more information on restoring voting rights here
Vote in person
Vote on Election Day
Wyoming voters can also vote before Election Day through a process called absentee voting in person. The early voting period runs from Friday, September 18, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020, but days and times may vary by location.
- If you have already voted in Wyoming before, you do not need to show identification to vote.
- If you are voting for the first time and registered to vote by mail, you need to show identification to vote. Accepted forms include: Wyoming driver’s license or state identification card, a current utility receipt, bank statement, government check, payroll, or government document showing name and address.
- Voters without an identity document: If you cannot provide an identity document, you may vote with a provisional ballot. Your provisional ballot will count if you can present proof of identity to the local elections office before the day after the election.
Vote by mail
- Request your ballot by mail with the vote-by-mail application .
- Fill out the application completely.
- Send it to your local elections office . You should request your ballot as far in advance as possible of the election date. The deadline to request a vote-by-mail ballot is (received by) Monday, November 2, 2020.
- When your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions for completing and returning it.
See what’s on the ballot
Election Day Registration
Military voters and overseas voters
Active duty military personnel, their families, and overseas voters can register to vote and request their absentee ballots with the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA). To do it:
- Fill out the Federal Postcard Application (FPCA) , or download it . Your election official may have questions, so please provide an email address or phone number where they can reach you.
- Send your request directly to your election official .
- It is never too early to submit your FPCA! Submit your form as soon as possible. You can also check the recommended shipping dates by country and region .
- Once your ballot arrives, read it carefully and follow the instructions to complete it and return it before the recommended deadline:
- 35 days before the election – On a boat: September 28, 2020
- 30 days before the election – Outside the United States: October 2, 2020
- 11 days before the election – In the United States: October 23, 2020
- States begin mailing absentee ballots at least 45 days before Election Day. If you have not received your ballot before 30 days prior to Election Day, contact your local elections office .
If after submitting your FPCA your ballot does not arrive, contact your elections office. Then:
- You can still vote using the Federal Written Absentee Ballot (FWAB). Print and sign the FWAB and mail it to your local elections office.
- If you send in your FWAB and then your normal absence slip arrives, you must fill it out and return it as well. Election officials will ensure that only one of the ballots is counted.
Check the status of your voter registration
Dates and deadlines
- Election Day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The deadline to register by mail to vote is (received by) Monday, October 19, 2020.
- The deadline to register in person to vote is Monday, November 2, 2020.
- The deadline to request a ballot by mail is (received by) Monday, November 2, 2020.
- The early voting period runs from Friday, September 18, 2020 to Monday, November 2, 2020. Days and hours may vary depending on your location.
- You can also register and vote on Election Day.