Who can vote
- be a citizen of the United States
- be a resident of Oregon
- be at least 16 years old to register, and 18 years old by election day to vote
- *find more information on voting rights restoration here
Vote in person
Vote by mail
See what’s on the ballot
Get step-by-step help
Election Day registration
Military and overseas voters
- Fill out the Federal Post Card Application (FPCA), or download a copy. Your election official may have questions, so please provide an email address or phone number where they can reach you.
- Send the application to your election official.
- It is never too early to submit an FPCA! Please do so as soon as possible. You can look up recommended mailing dates by country and region.
- Please fill out and send back your ballot as soon as you receive it. Following are recommended return dates to make sure your ballot arrives at your election office on time:
- 35 days before election – On a ship at sea: September 28, 2020
- 30 days before election – Outside of the US: October 2, 2020
- 11 days before the election – Stateside: October 23, 2020
- States begin mailing absentee ballots at least 45 days before Election Day. If you haven’t received your ballot by 30 days before Election Day, contact your local election office.
If after submitting your FPCA, your ballot does not arrive, contact your election official first. Then:
- You can still vote using the Federal Write-In Absentee Ballot (FWAB). Print, sign, and mail your FWAB to your local election office.
- If you mail a FWAB and then receive your regular absentee ballot, you should complete and mail your absentee ballot also. Election officials will ensure that only one ballot is counted.
Check your voter registration status
Dates and deadlines
- Election day is Tuesday, November 3, 2020.
- The deadline to register online to vote is Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
- The deadline for registering by mail to vote is (postmarked by) Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
- The deadline to register in person to vote is Tuesday, October 13, 2020.
- Oregon’s early voting is by mail. Ballot drop box sites are open 18-20 days before Election Day, depending on your area. Wednesday, October 28, 2020 is the last day ballots can be mailed. After this date, ballots must be put into a drop box.